- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 slices egg bread, with or without crusts
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 4 slices red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces thinly sliced roast turkey
- 4 Tablespoons cranberry sauce, homemade or prepared
- Preheat panini grill according to manufacturers directions.
- In a small bowl combine the cream cheese and the sage. Stir until combined. Spread 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture on 2 slices of bread. Pile 1/2 of the turkey slices on each cheese covered bread slice. Cover turkey with 1/2 of cranberry sauce on each bread slice. Place 2 slices of onion on each bread slice. Cover each dressed bread slice with a plain bread slice.
- Place panini on heated grill and cook, according to manufacturers directions, until golden brown, about 4 - 6 minutes. Remove panini to cutting board and cut in half on the diagonal. Serve immediately.
NotesThis is a wonderful way to use leftover turkey and cranberry sauce at holidys. At other times use deli sliced turkey and canned cranberry sauce. Nice on hot summer days because panini iron will not heat up your kitchen.
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More