- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cooked turkey, bones and skin removed, finely chopped
- 2 cups cranberry sauce (homemade or canned whole berry)
- 1/2 cup onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce or turkey broth
- 1 package (16 ounce) wonton wrapers
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted or extra virgin olive oil
- orange slices, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- In a large bowl combine the turkey, the cranberry sauce, the onions and the soy sauce. Mix well.
- Lay one wonton wrapper on a smooth, dry surface. Spoon 2 teaspoons of filling in the center of the wonton.
- Brush edges of wonton wraper with water.
- Bring two opposite corners of wraper together to form a triangle; pinch edges to seal.
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining filling and wrapers. Brush each wonton with butter or olive oil.
- Bake until wontons are golden brown and beginning to crisp, about 14 - 16 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer wontons to a serving platter. If desired, garnish platter with orange slices.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes about 36 appetizers.
NotesA quick easy appetizer to use up leftover turkey from Thanksgiving. Feel free to use chicken or anything else that goes with cranberry.