- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 loaves of sliced white bread
- 3 stalks celery
- 2 onions
- 2 apples (Jonagold)
- 2 tablespoons sage
- 2 teaspoons salt
- white pepper
- turkey giblets
- If the bread is not slightly dry, place slices on a rack in the oven at a low heat (200° F.) and dry with the oven door slightly open while you prepare the other dressing ingredients.
- Remove the giblets and neck from inside the turkey. Put them in a pan with about 6 cups of water, bring to boil and simmer while you prepare the rest of the dressing.
- Chop the onions and celery. Pour a little oil in a frying pan and sautee the onions and celery until the onions are translucent. Set aside.
- The bread should be dry but not crisp by now. Cut the bread slices into 1 inch pieces and put in a large bowl. Mix in the onions and celery. Remove core, stem and blossom ends from the apples, chop into 1/2 inch pieces and add to the bread mixture. Add crushed sage, salt and white pepper. Mix well.
- Remove the giblets from the pan of water and chop. Add these to the bread mixture. Add 2 beaten eggs and mix well. Add the giblet stock gradually, mixing it in, until the bread is moist but not wet.
- Put the dressing in the turkey, fasten the openings together and roast.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Puff Daddy Pancake
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Pie
Tossed Salad With Oil And Vinegar DressingSee More