- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 40
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- -- or --
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Crispy Rice cereal
- Peanut butter
- Cocoa Rice cereal
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- 2. Add Crispy Rice cereal. Stir until well coated.
- 3. Cool slightly. Using buttered hands shape mixture into twelve small drumsticks.
- 4. Spread peanut butter on large end of each drumstick, then dip in COCOA Rice cereal. Refrigerate until firm. Best if served the same day.
- MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS:
- In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 thru 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
- For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
- Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
- Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in single layer on wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Simple Homemade Favorites
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More