- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 40
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- -- or --
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Crispy Rice cereal
- Peanut butter
- Cocoa Rice cereal
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- 2. Add Crispy Rice cereal. Stir until well coated.
- 3. Cool slightly. Using buttered hands shape mixture into twelve small drumsticks.
- 4. Spread peanut butter on large end of each drumstick, then dip in COCOA Rice cereal. Refrigerate until firm. Best if served the same day.
- MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS:
- In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 thru 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
- For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
- Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
- Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in single layer on wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Italy or Bust
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More