- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1(17.3oz.)Can Grands (ex.Large) refr. Buttermilk Biscuits
- 2 to 3 tsp. milk
- 4 raisins, quartered
- 8 shelled sunflower seeds
- 16 pieces (1/8x1/2-inch)red pepper
- Separate Biscuits into 8 pieces.
- Cut 1/2 piece off each Biscuit: Set aside to use for body.
- To form feathers, cut each larger piece of dough at about 1/4-inch intervals from rounded edge to within 1/2-inch of straight edge. Place feather portions of dough 2inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Place each body piece of dough, cut side down, on center of each feather portion allowing 1/4 inch of body to drop below straight edge. Press lower half of each body piece firmly, allowing top half
- Of each piece to remain puffy, forming head.
- Brush dough with milk. For eyes, press 2 raisins into head for each beak, press sunflower seed below eyes. Arrange red pepper piece just below beak to form wattle!
- Bake for 10 to 15 min. or until golden brown. Immediately remove form sheet. Serve warm.