- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1(17.3oz.)Can Grands (ex.Large) refr. Buttermilk Biscuits
- 2 to 3 tsp. milk
- 4 raisins, quartered
- 8 shelled sunflower seeds
- 16 pieces (1/8x1/2-inch)red pepper
- Separate Biscuits into 8 pieces.
- Cut 1/2 piece off each Biscuit: Set aside to use for body.
- To form feathers, cut each larger piece of dough at about 1/4-inch intervals from rounded edge to within 1/2-inch of straight edge. Place feather portions of dough 2inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Place each body piece of dough, cut side down, on center of each feather portion allowing 1/4 inch of body to drop below straight edge. Press lower half of each body piece firmly, allowing top half
- Of each piece to remain puffy, forming head.
- Brush dough with milk. For eyes, press 2 raisins into head for each beak, press sunflower seed below eyes. Arrange red pepper piece just below beak to form wattle!
- Bake for 10 to 15 min. or until golden brown. Immediately remove form sheet. Serve warm.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More