- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 3
- Preparation Time: 15
- 3 ounces olive oil
- 1 red onions, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, julienne
- 1/2 green bell pepper, julienne
- 6 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 jalapeno, diced, and seeded
- 1 pounds ground turkey breast
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic or to taste
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp or so cumin
- 1 pound red potatoes, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup Roma tomatoes, diced
- handful of chopped cilantro
- handful of crumbled Queso Fresco
- 1 chopped avocado
- 1/2 lime
- In medium saute pan, add 1 ounce olive oil, onions, peppers, jalapeno, mushrooms and saute until translucent. Remove from pat and set aside.
- Add turkey to the pan and brown on all sides. Season with salt and pepper, cumin and poultry seasoning. If too much liquid accumulates, scoop out with a spoon. Return veggies to the pan with the turkey and heat through.
- While turkey is browning, in a separate pan, add 2 ounces of oil, and fry potatoes, dotted with butter and seasoned with salt and pepper, in oil until crispy. It might help to cover the pan for a few minutes to cook the potatoes. Try not to turn too often as the potatoes will start breaking down. You don't want mush.
- On a serving plate layer the turkey mixture on top of the crispy potatoes.
- Top with diced roma tomatoes, cilantro, Queso Fresco, avocado and a wedge of lime squeezed over it all.
NotesI love when a new recipe comes out better than you thought it would! The original recipe came from Guy Frieri but I made a few minor changes as I went along. I'm trying to use more ground turkey instead of ground beef in my quest for cooking healthier meals. This is definitely a keeper.
This would also be great with scrambled eggs and rolled in a flour tortilla!
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
MetroCooking Texas 2013
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More