- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 3
- Preparation Time: 15
- 3 ounces olive oil
- 1 red onions, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, julienne
- 1/2 green bell pepper, julienne
- 6 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 jalapeno, diced, and seeded
- 1 pounds ground turkey breast
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic or to taste
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp or so cumin
- 1 pound red potatoes, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup Roma tomatoes, diced
- handful of chopped cilantro
- handful of crumbled Queso Fresco
- 1 chopped avocado
- 1/2 lime
- In medium saute pan, add 1 ounce olive oil, onions, peppers, jalapeno, mushrooms and saute until translucent. Remove from pat and set aside.
- Add turkey to the pan and brown on all sides. Season with salt and pepper, cumin and poultry seasoning. If too much liquid accumulates, scoop out with a spoon. Return veggies to the pan with the turkey and heat through.
- While turkey is browning, in a separate pan, add 2 ounces of oil, and fry potatoes, dotted with butter and seasoned with salt and pepper, in oil until crispy. It might help to cover the pan for a few minutes to cook the potatoes. Try not to turn too often as the potatoes will start breaking down. You don't want mush.
- On a serving plate layer the turkey mixture on top of the crispy potatoes.
- Top with diced roma tomatoes, cilantro, Queso Fresco, avocado and a wedge of lime squeezed over it all.
NotesI love when a new recipe comes out better than you thought it would! The original recipe came from Guy Frieri but I made a few minor changes as I went along. I'm trying to use more ground turkey instead of ground beef in my quest for cooking healthier meals. This is definitely a keeper.
This would also be great with scrambled eggs and rolled in a flour tortilla!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More