- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 oz. raw ground turkey
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup water
- 1 7.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1-2 tsp dried oregeno crushed
- 1 tsp dried basil crushed
- 8 dried lasagna noodles
- 1 beaten egg
- 15 oz. ricotta cheese
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach: thaw and drain (E-coli free, yeah)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- For the sauce, in skillet cook turkey, onion and garlic until turkey is no longer pink, drain fat. Stir in mushrooms water and undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano and basil. Bring to a boil. reduce heat. Cover and simmer 25 minutes.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package, drain and rinse with cold water, drain again.
- For the filling - In bowl stir egg, ricotta cheese, spinach and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and 3/4 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- ASSEMBLE - Spoon 1/2 cup sauce in 2 quart baking dish. Spread 1/2 cup of filling over each lasagna noodle. Roll up noodle and place seam side down in a 2 quart baking dish.. Continue until all noodles are filled. Pour remaining sauce of rolls. Cover with foil
- BAKE - bake at 375 for 25 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 5-10 more minutes until heated through. Let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese and garnish with parsley.
NotesTaken from a gal from the KNot and it came out SOOOO good!