- Cooking Time: 20 min
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 min
- 600 g boneless, skinless turkey breast
- 4-5 carrots
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 TBspoons EVOO
- 50 ml dry white wine
- 1 lemon
- Fresh thyme
- Fresh chive
- Salt and pepper
- Peel and cut the carrots into small cubes. Boil 1/3 (or ½ ) and set the rest apart.
- Cut the turkey breast into 1 cm thick medallions. Season them lightly with salt and pepper and dredge into flour.
- Brown crushed garlic cloves in warm oil in a large skillet.
- Remove the garlic, add the meat and brown lightly on both sides (2-3 minutes per side) on medium heat.
- Deglaze with white wine and let it evaporate.
- Add the carrots (the part you set aside), cover and cook on low heat for about 20 minutes, adding little water that the rest of carrots are being cooked in, if it should get dry. The carrots will be quite crispy at the end, so, if you prefer them soft, cook a bit longer, but pay attention to not overcook the meat or it will be dry. Check if the meat is seasoned to your taste and add more salt if necessary.
- Drain the boiled carrots, add the juice from ½ a lemon and a few TBspoons of the sauce the meat was cooked in. Pure with a stick blender, to get a smooth, quite dense sauce.
- Serve the medallions surrounded by diced carrots and put a little carrot sauce on each.
- Sprinkle with thyme leaves and finely chopped chive.
NotesAn easy, quick and light dish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
The Blue Family Favorites<3See More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More