- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryUse up all those holiday leftovers to create a new dish that doesn't taste like you are trying to use up leftovers. I intentionally make extra stuffing and gravy so that I make this meal for another time. Freezes well for a future meal if you just can't stand the idea of turkey and stuffing just after the holiday.
- 2 cups diced leftover roast turkey
- 2 cups leftover turkey gravy
- 2 (16 ounce) bags frozen mixed vegetables (canned or already cooked works well too)
- 2 cups leftover prepared stuffing (more if desired)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pie crusts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (176 celsius).
- Cook vegetable mix according to package instructions; drain well.
- Mix together turkey, vegetables, garlic powder, sage, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- If using a bottom pie crust, line a 9 x 13 rectangular cake pan with crust; prick all over and pre-bake until light brown.
- Spoon vegetable and turkey mixture into the 9 x 13 rectangular cake pan.
- Pour gravy over the vegetable/turkey mixture.
- Top with stuffing, spreading evenly over all.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and the stuffing crust is brown and crispy.