- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup cold Butter
- 4 to 6 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup with herbs
- 3 cups cubed 1-inch cooked turkey or chicken
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen vegetable combination (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots)
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole potatoes, drained, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Stir together 2 cups flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt in large bowl; cut in 2/3 cup butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Mix in enough cold water with fork until flour is just moistened.
- Divide dough into thirds. Wrap one-third dough in plastic food wrap; set aside.
- Roll out remaining two-thirds dough on lightly floured surface into 14-inch circle.
- Gently fit into 2-quart deep-dish casserole. Trim pastry to 1-inch from edge of casserole; set aside.
- Combine milk and soup in large bowl; mix well. Add all remaining filling ingredients except egg and 1 tablespoon water.
- Spoon into prepared pie crust.
- Roll reserved dough on lightly floured surface into 10-inch circle.
- Cut into 8 (1-inch) strips with sharp knife or pastry wheel.
- Place 4 strips, 1 inch apart, across filling in casserole.
- Place remaining 4 strips, 1 inch apart, at right angles to strips already in place; trim strips. Fold trimmed edge of bottom pastry over strips; build up an edge.
- Crimp or flute edges to seal.
- Combine egg and 1 tablespoon water in small bowl; lightly brush crust with egg mixture.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Walnut, Honey & Espresso Caramels
Scrambled Egg Breakfast Pizza
Rice PuddingSee More