- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cans (10 3/4 ounces each) reduced-sodium canned chicken broth
- 1 cup broccoli florets or sliced zucchini
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 can (6 1/2 ounces) turkey, flaked and drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in rice and cook until golden brown. Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, stir one more time, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add broccoli, mushrooms, red pepper and turkey. Cover pan and cook for 5 minutes, until all liquid has been absorbed and the rice and vegetables are tender. Toss with grated cheese just before serving.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 330; Total fat 9g; Saturated fat 2.5g; Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 890mg; Carbohydrate 42g; Fiber 3g; Protein 20g; Vitamin A 15%DV*; Vitamin C 60%DV; Calcium 10%DV; Iron 20%DV *Daily Value
NotesReciMeals are complete meals that need only be accompanied by a beverage, and sometimes a side salad or slice of bread.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
GAES PTO Recipes
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More