- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cans (10 3/4 ounces each) reduced-sodium canned chicken broth
- 1 cup broccoli florets or sliced zucchini
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 can (6 1/2 ounces) turkey, flaked and drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in rice and cook until golden brown. Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, stir one more time, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add broccoli, mushrooms, red pepper and turkey. Cover pan and cook for 5 minutes, until all liquid has been absorbed and the rice and vegetables are tender. Toss with grated cheese just before serving.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 330; Total fat 9g; Saturated fat 2.5g; Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 890mg; Carbohydrate 42g; Fiber 3g; Protein 20g; Vitamin A 15%DV*; Vitamin C 60%DV; Calcium 10%DV; Iron 20%DV *Daily Value
NotesReciMeals are complete meals that need only be accompanied by a beverage, and sometimes a side salad or slice of bread.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
mussels for one or two
Carrot Cake Bites! GF, V, SCD, Paleo!See More