- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cans (10 3/4 ounces each) reduced-sodium canned chicken broth
- 1 cup broccoli florets or sliced zucchini
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 can (6 1/2 ounces) turkey, flaked and drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in rice and cook until golden brown. Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, stir one more time, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add broccoli, mushrooms, red pepper and turkey. Cover pan and cook for 5 minutes, until all liquid has been absorbed and the rice and vegetables are tender. Toss with grated cheese just before serving.
NotesReciMeals are complete meals that need only be accompanied by a beverage, and sometimes a side salad or slice of bread. A ReciMeal provides significant amounts of at least three of the five MyPyramid food groups - about 1/2 cup of fruits, 1/2 cup of vegetables, 1 ounce equivalent of grain foods, 2 ounces or the equivalent of lean meat or beans, or 1 cup or the equivalent of milk per recipe serving.
In a hurry? Prepare this quick and nourishing meal in a single skillet - with the convenience of protein-rich canned turkey from your pantry!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
The Best Baked Potato SoupSee More