- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cans (10 3/4 ounces each) reduced-sodium canned chicken broth
- 1 cup broccoli florets or sliced zucchini
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 can (6 1/2 ounces) turkey, flaked and drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in rice and cook until golden brown. Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, stir one more time, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add broccoli, mushrooms, red pepper and turkey. Cover pan and cook for 5 minutes, until all liquid has been absorbed and the rice and vegetables are tender. Toss with grated cheese just before serving.
NotesReciMeals are complete meals that need only be accompanied by a beverage, and sometimes a side salad or slice of bread. A ReciMeal provides significant amounts of at least three of the five MyPyramid food groups - about 1/2 cup of fruits, 1/2 cup of vegetables, 1 ounce equivalent of grain foods, 2 ounces or the equivalent of lean meat or beans, or 1 cup or the equivalent of milk per recipe serving.
In a hurry? Prepare this quick and nourishing meal in a single skillet - with the convenience of protein-rich canned turkey from your pantry!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More