- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups chopped turkey (or chicken)
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 5 tsp. or 5 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- Turkey Stew:
- Heat turkey, water, onion, bouillon, and pepper to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add carrots and simmer 10 more minutes.
- Stir in flour mixture (flour and water) until thick.
- Add dumplings.
- Measure flour, baking powder, and salt in bowl. Cut in shortening.
- Stir in milk.
- Drop dough from spoon onto stew.
- Cook uncovered 10 minutes then cook uncovered 10 more minutes.
NotesHere is a great idea for using that leftover turkey.It cooks up in one pot. I like to cook recipes with ingredients you can find easily in your kitchen. It is so simple and delicious.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More