- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups chopped turkey (or chicken)
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 5 tsp. or 5 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- Turkey Stew:
- Heat turkey, water, onion, bouillon, and pepper to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add carrots and simmer 10 more minutes.
- Stir in flour mixture (flour and water) until thick.
- Add dumplings.
- Measure flour, baking powder, and salt in bowl. Cut in shortening.
- Stir in milk.
- Drop dough from spoon onto stew.
- Cook uncovered 10 minutes then cook uncovered 10 more minutes.
NotesHere is a great idea for using that leftover turkey.It cooks up in one pot. I like to cook recipes with ingredients you can find easily in your kitchen. It is so simple and delicious.
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More