- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups chopped turkey (or chicken)
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 5 tsp. or 5 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- Turkey Stew:
- Heat turkey, water, onion, bouillon, and pepper to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add carrots and simmer 10 more minutes.
- Stir in flour mixture (flour and water) until thick.
- Add dumplings.
- Measure flour, baking powder, and salt in bowl. Cut in shortening.
- Stir in milk.
- Drop dough from spoon onto stew.
- Cook uncovered 10 minutes then cook uncovered 10 more minutes.
NotesHere is a great idea for using that leftover turkey.It cooks up in one pot. I like to cook recipes with ingredients you can find easily in your kitchen. It is so simple and delicious.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Koken met Oma
Italy or BustSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More