- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryAnother e-mail recipe
Turkey Sweet Potato Soup
The sweet potatoes and peas add a unique, slightly sweet flavor to this
delicately flavored soup. It's a delicious use of leftover turkey.
- 2-1/2 cups cubed peeled sweet potatoes or yams
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp. dried marjoram leaves
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 cup water
- 10-1/2 oz. can condensed chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas (from 16 oz. pkg.)
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- 2 cups milk
- In large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine sweet potatoes, celery, onion, marjoram, thyme, cayenne, water and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in turkey peas and bacon.
- In small bowl, combine cornstarch and milk; blend well.
- Slowly stir into soup; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Makes 8 cups.