- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2-1/2 cups cubed peeled sweet potatoes or yams
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp. dried marjoram leaves
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 cup water
- 10-1/2 oz. can condensed chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas (from 16 oz. pkg.)
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- 2 cups milk
- In large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine sweet potatoes, celery, onion, marjoram, thyme, cayenne, water and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in turkey peas and bacon.
- In small bowl, combine cornstarch and milk; blend well.
- Slowly stir into soup; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Makes 8 cups.
NotesAnother e-mail recipe
Turkey Sweet Potato Soup
The sweet potatoes and peas add a unique, slightly sweet flavor to this
delicately flavored soup. It's a delicious use of leftover turkey.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More