TURKEY TACO SALAD
- Servings: 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 16-ounce container store-bought refigerated fresh salsa
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cut into pieces (about 8 cups)
- 1/2 9-ounce bag tortilla chips
- 1 15.5-ounce can pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup grated Cheddar
- 1 6-ounce can sliced black olives (optional)
1. Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the turkey and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cook, breaking up with a spoon, until no longer pink, 5 to 6 minutes. Pour off any excess liquid. Stir in half the salsa and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining salsa and sour cream.
3. Divide the lettuce, chips, turkey mixture, beans, avocado, Cheddar, and olives (if using) among bowls. Serve with the salsa-and–sour-cream dressing.
Website Credit: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/turkey-taco-salad-00000000008203/index.html