- Cooking Time: 50-60
- Preparation Time:
- 1 stick (6-8tblsp) butter
- Olive oil
- 1lb mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lg onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1tblsp chopped fresh or dried thyme or parsley (or both)
- 16oz or so roast Turkey chunks
- Salt & Black pepper to taste
- 1/2c dry white wine
- 1/3c flour
- 4c milk
- 1c cream
- 1c chicken stock
- 1/8tsp nutmeg
- 1lb or so linguine, cooked
- 3/4c frozen peas
- 1c grated Parmesan
- 1/4c breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 450 deg.
- Spread a couple tblsp or so of butter in a 13x9 casserole.
- Melt a couple more tblsp of butter and equal amount of oil in a heavy frypan over med heat.
- Sauté mushrooms til they sweat and begin to brown, approx 12min.
- Add onion, garlic and herbs, and saute til onion is translucent, approx 8min.
- Add turkey and salt & pepper to taste, and heat through.
- Add wine and simmer until alcohol evaporates. Transfer mixture to the casserole and set aside.
- Melt more butter and oil in the same pan over med-low heat.
- Add flour and cook to a roux, approx 2min.
- Whisk in milk, cream, stock and nutmeg; season to taste w/more salt & pepper.
- Increase the heat to high, cover and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer, uncovered, til sauce thickens, stirring often, about 10min or so.
- Add this sauce, cooked linguine and peas to the casserole.
- Toss until sauce coats the pasta and mixture is well-blended.
- Mix together cheese and bread crumbs and sprinkle over casserole.
- Dot with butter and bake uncovered, until brown and bubbly, approx 25-30min.
NotesUSE your Holiday Leftovers to make this classic!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
The Italian Exchange
The NourishFull KitchenSee More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More