- Cooking Time: 50-60
- Preparation Time:
- 1 stick (6-8tblsp) butter
- Olive oil
- 1lb mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lg onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1tblsp chopped fresh or dried thyme or parsley (or both)
- 16oz or so roast Turkey chunks
- Salt & Black pepper to taste
- 1/2c dry white wine
- 1/3c flour
- 4c milk
- 1c cream
- 1c chicken stock
- 1/8tsp nutmeg
- 1lb or so linguine, cooked
- 3/4c frozen peas
- 1c grated Parmesan
- 1/4c breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 450 deg.
- Spread a couple tblsp or so of butter in a 13x9 casserole.
- Melt a couple more tblsp of butter and equal amount of oil in a heavy frypan over med heat.
- Sauté mushrooms til they sweat and begin to brown, approx 12min.
- Add onion, garlic and herbs, and saute til onion is translucent, approx 8min.
- Add turkey and salt & pepper to taste, and heat through.
- Add wine and simmer until alcohol evaporates. Transfer mixture to the casserole and set aside.
- Melt more butter and oil in the same pan over med-low heat.
- Add flour and cook to a roux, approx 2min.
- Whisk in milk, cream, stock and nutmeg; season to taste w/more salt & pepper.
- Increase the heat to high, cover and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer, uncovered, til sauce thickens, stirring often, about 10min or so.
- Add this sauce, cooked linguine and peas to the casserole.
- Toss until sauce coats the pasta and mixture is well-blended.
- Mix together cheese and bread crumbs and sprinkle over casserole.
- Dot with butter and bake uncovered, until brown and bubbly, approx 25-30min.
NotesUSE your Holiday Leftovers to make this classic!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More