TURKEY THYME RISOTTO
Turkey Thyme Risotto
- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
In a small saucepan, heat broth and keep warm.
In a large nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic in oil until tender, about 3 minutes.
Add rice and thyme; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes.
Stir in wine or additional broth.
Cook and stir until all of the liquid is absorbed.
Add heated broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly.
Allow liquid to absorb between additions.
Cook just until risotto is creamy and rice is almost tender.
Total cooking time is about 20 minutes.
Add the turkey, Romano cheese, salt and pepper; cook and stir until heated through.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 334 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 698 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 very lean meat, 1/2 fat.