- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 - 3 lbs. thick sliced turkey breast (I use Boar’s Head- oven roasted)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 15 oz. Albacore Tuna packed in water, but well drained
- Salt, to taste
- White pepper, to taste
- Making the mayonnaise base –
- Combine oils in a glass measuring cup. Place eggs, salt and white pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Process until the mixture until frothy, about 1 minute. Through the feed tube, with the machine running, add the oil very slowly and in a steady continuous thin stream; do not stop the machine at this point or the mayonnaise may not come together. When all the oil has been incorporated, slowly add the lemon juice. At this point you may stop the machine. Remove the top and make sure that the mayonnaise has come together properly. Add the tuna. Replace lid and process until the tuna has become incorporated into the mayonnaise. Set aside in the refrigerator until you are ready to prepare the serving platter.
- On a large flat serving platter, arrange the slices of turkey. Spread the tuna mayonnaise over the turkey until it is completely covered. Garnish with parsey.
- Additional notes: This Italian dish is traditionally made with veal, not turkey. I substitute turkey for veal, because turkey is more widely accepted. However, it is also wonderful prepared with that veal, if you prefer. I like to serve this with high quality Italian bread, so that you can scoop up additional tuna sauce. It is my recommendation that you make this dish the same day that you are going to serve it. Store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to place it on the table.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Lau Family Recipes
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More