- Cooking Time: 2 hours
- Preparation Time: 15 min.
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 large zucchini diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 Tbls. ancho chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbls. salt
- 1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves, minced garlic
- 1 12 oz. bottle dark beer
- 2 Tbls. tomato paste
- 2 28 oz. cans crushed tomatoes
- 3 15 oz. cans red kidney beans
- Shredded cheddar, cilantro, and/or sour cream for garnish
- In a dutch oven or large pot, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add turkey and cook until browned, drain, pour into another bowl and set aside. Add onions to pot and cook over medium high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, zucchini and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add turkey back to the pot and add chili powder, cumin, cayenne, cinnamon, pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Pour in beer and cook until foam subsides.
- Stir in tomato paste and crushed tomatoes and cook uncovered until it comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer, add beans and cook for 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve topped with garnishes and a slice of cornbread.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Julia Child's Supremes de Volaille Archiduc
Chicken MoleSee More