- Cooking Time: 2 hours
- Preparation Time: 15 min.
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 large zucchini diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 Tbls. ancho chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbls. salt
- 1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves, minced garlic
- 1 12 oz. bottle dark beer
- 2 Tbls. tomato paste
- 2 28 oz. cans crushed tomatoes
- 3 15 oz. cans red kidney beans
- Shredded cheddar, cilantro, and/or sour cream for garnish
- In a dutch oven or large pot, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add turkey and cook until browned, drain, pour into another bowl and set aside. Add onions to pot and cook over medium high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, zucchini and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add turkey back to the pot and add chili powder, cumin, cayenne, cinnamon, pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Pour in beer and cook until foam subsides.
- Stir in tomato paste and crushed tomatoes and cook uncovered until it comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer, add beans and cook for 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve topped with garnishes and a slice of cornbread.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More