Turkey and Cheese Roll Ups
4 turkey breast cutlets
12 asparagus spears, cut to 5"
4 tablespoons light cream cheese
1 garlic clove, minced
2 teaspoons chopped chives or green onion
1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons milk
3/4 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. If uneven in size, cover turkey cutlets with wax paper and pound with meat mallet to even thickness.
2. Microwave asparagus on high (100%) for 1 minute.
3. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, garlic and spices.
4. Place three asparagus spears on each cutlet. Spoon one quarter of the cheese mixture onto the centre of each cutlet. Roll cutlets from the narrow end. Secure with wooden toothpicks.
5. In medium bowl, beat the egg and milk. Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese on a plate. Dip turkey rolls into egg mixture, dredge in bread crumbs and place in greased baking dish. Bake at 375 degrees F for 25-30 minutes. Cutlet is cooked when there is no sign of pink when pierced with a knife.