TURKEY AND STUFFIN' SOUP
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups of leftover stuffing
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 ribs of celery, chopped
- 1 onion,chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf, fresh or dried
- 2 quarts of chicken stock
- 1 1/2 pounds (aprox.2 cups) of cooked turkey, diced
- a handful flat leaf parsely, chopped1 cup frozen peas, optional
- Prepare oven to 350* and transfer stuffing into a small baking dish and re-heat for 15 mins.
- Heat a pot over moderate heat and add oilive oil.
- Work close to the stove and add vegetables as you chopped.
- Add carrots, celery, onion and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Add bay leaf and stock and bring liguid to a boil by raising the heat.
- Add turkey and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer until any raw vegetables are cooked tender, about 10 mins.
- Stir in the parsely and peas.
- Remove stuffing from oven.
- Using an ice cream scoop, place a healthy scoop of stuffing in the center of the bowl.
- Laddle soup around stuffing ball.
- Your soup will look like a chunky matzp ball soup. Pull spoonfuls of stuffing away as you eat through your bowl of soup.
NotesOK ...here's a recipe I seen Racheal Ray make one day last week on the Food Channel. It looked so good and another good way to use your "LEFTOVERS" from Thanksgiving. Hope you give it a try.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Foodie BabySee More
Chicken LinguineSee More