TURKEY AND STUFFIN' SOUP
Turkey and Stuffin' Soup
- 4 cups of leftover stuffing
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 ribs of celery, chopped
- 1 onion,chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf, fresh or dried
- 2 quarts of chicken stock
- 1 1/2 pounds (aprox.2 cups) of cooked turkey, diced
- a handful flat leaf parsely, chopped1 cup frozen peas, optional
Prepare oven to 350* and transfer stuffing into a small baking dish and re-heat for 15 mins.
Heat a pot over moderate heat and add oilive oil.
Work close to the stove and add vegetables as you chopped.
Add carrots, celery, onion and lightly season with salt and pepper.
Add bay leaf and stock and bring liguid to a boil by raising the heat.
Add turkey and reduce heat to a simmer.
Simmer until any raw vegetables are cooked tender, about 10 mins.
Stir in the parsely and peas.
Remove stuffing from oven.
Using an ice cream scoop, place a healthy scoop of stuffing in the center of the bowl.
Laddle soup around stuffing ball.
Your soup will look like a chunky matzp ball soup. Pull spoonfuls of stuffing away as you eat through your bowl of soup.