- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- (for approx. 6-7 skewers)
- 1/2 turkey breast (about 1/2 kg / 1lb)
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 zucchini
- salt, pepper, poultry seasoning,
- Wash and dry the peppers. Roast them in the oven, on the grill or over your gas cooker.
- Put them in a plastic bag, close it, and let the peppers cool.
- Peel the skin and remove the seeds. Cut them into stripes same width as your zucchini.
- Wash and dry the zucchini. Slice them very thinly, brush with oil.
- Cook them in a skillet without adding oil at medium-low heat, turning once, only until they get soft. Do not overcook them. They just need to soften in order to roll them.
- Cut the turkey breast into 1/2" thick slices, and then cut each slice into 1/2" cm wide stripes, and again cut each stripe into cubes.
- Season the meat as you prefer, and add a little oil as well.
- Place a zucchini slice over a pepper slice and roll them together. Repeat until you have finished all vegetables. I had more zucchini slices so I rolled those alone as well.
- Oil the wooden sticks for skewers and start sticking the meat cubes alternating with pepper and zucchini rolls.
- Brush the skewers again with little oil and grill in a hot grilling pan.
- Serve sprinkled with balsamic vinegar and potatoes.
NotesA delicious and colourful combination for a healthy meal that tastes great.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Arugula and Corn Salad With Roasted Red Peppers and White Bean
Stuffed Zucchini with Turkey Sausage RecipeSee More