- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Melted butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Pull neck and giblets out of the cavity.
- Throw away the liver, but you can save the rest for gravy.
- Rinse the turkey in cold water and dry with paper towels.
- Season the inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Fill the turkey with aromatics such as chopped onions, carrots, apples and herbs.
- Place breast side up in a roasting pan
- Brush with melted butter
- Tent with foil and roast for 2 hours (for a 10-12 lb turkey) add an extra 15 mins per lb for larger birds.
- Remove foil, baste with more melted butter and crank the oven to 425 degrees.
- Roast for another our or until the meat at the thigh registers 165 degrees.
- Let rest while you make gravy.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More