- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Melted butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Pull neck and giblets out of the cavity.
- Throw away the liver, but you can save the rest for gravy.
- Rinse the turkey in cold water and dry with paper towels.
- Season the inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Fill the turkey with aromatics such as chopped onions, carrots, apples and herbs.
- Place breast side up in a roasting pan
- Brush with melted butter
- Tent with foil and roast for 2 hours (for a 10-12 lb turkey) add an extra 15 mins per lb for larger birds.
- Remove foil, baste with more melted butter and crank the oven to 425 degrees.
- Roast for another our or until the meat at the thigh registers 165 degrees.
- Let rest while you make gravy.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More