- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 lbs carrots
- 2 lbs turnips or rutabagas
- cream or milk
- Boil carrots and turnip/rutabaga SEPARATELY.
- When done, mash each SEPARATELY using as much cream, butter, and seasonings to your taste.
- Just before serving, drain any liquid formed at the bottom of the bowls and GENTLY combine them both.
- You should be able to see both carrot and turnip/rutabaga pieces in the combined dish.
- NB: Depending on your preferences, the amts of carrot vs turnip can be regulated. Leftovers freeze well.
NotesThis is a dish I used to make only at Thanksgiving. I loved it so much that I began making a ton of it and freezing the rest in serving sizes! If you don't like turnip/rutabaga, try this way.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Recipes for Vitality
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More