- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 lbs carrots
- 2 lbs turnips or rutabagas
- cream or milk
- Boil carrots and turnip/rutabaga SEPARATELY.
- When done, mash each SEPARATELY using as much cream, butter, and seasonings to your taste.
- Just before serving, drain any liquid formed at the bottom of the bowls and GENTLY combine them both.
- You should be able to see both carrot and turnip/rutabaga pieces in the combined dish.
- NB: Depending on your preferences, the amts of carrot vs turnip can be regulated. Leftovers freeze well.
NotesThis is a dish I used to make only at Thanksgiving. I loved it so much that I began making a ton of it and freezing the rest in serving sizes! If you don't like turnip/rutabaga, try this way.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More