- Cooking Time: 15-20
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- CARAMEL TOPPING(recipe follows)
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 9-inch square baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan; grease and flour foil.
- Combine sugar, butter and water in medium saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Remove from heat; immediately add 1 cup chocolate chips, stirring until melted. Beat in eggs and vanilla until well blended. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; stir into chocolate mixture. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Meanwhile, prepare CARAMEL TOPPING. Remove brownies from oven; immediately and carefully spread with caramel topping. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup chips and pecans over topping; lightly press into topping. Cool completely in pan on wire rack, being careful not to disturb chips while soft. Lift out of pan; cut into bars. About 16 bars.
NotesAnother delicious Hershey recipe
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Gluten-Free and DeliciousSee More
Hard Rock Cafe Cole Slaw Clone
Mashed Sweet PotatoesSee More