- Cooking Time: 15-20
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- CARAMEL TOPPING(recipe follows)
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 9-inch square baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan; grease and flour foil.
- Combine sugar, butter and water in medium saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Remove from heat; immediately add 1 cup chocolate chips, stirring until melted. Beat in eggs and vanilla until well blended. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; stir into chocolate mixture. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Meanwhile, prepare CARAMEL TOPPING. Remove brownies from oven; immediately and carefully spread with caramel topping. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup chips and pecans over topping; lightly press into topping. Cool completely in pan on wire rack, being careful not to disturb chips while soft. Lift out of pan; cut into bars. About 16 bars.
NotesAnother delicious Hershey recipe
Cooking with Sabra
Cooking for a family in Korea: notes of an ex-pat wife
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More