- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels (12-ounce package), divided
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine, cut into pieces
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 12 soft caramels
- 1 tablespoon milk
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Melt 1 cup morsels and butter in large, heavy-duty saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in eggs. Add flour, sugar, baking soda and vanilla extract; stir well.
- Spread batter into prepared baking pan; sprinkle with remaining morsels and walnuts.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky.
- MICROWAVE caramels and milk in small, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over warm brownies. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into 16 bars when cooled.
NotesThese are the most decadent, rich brownies. They are pure heaven!