- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 25
BackstoryA rustic Italian tart filled with the bounty of summer berries.
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal (crushed to 2/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups fresh blueberries or red raspberries
- 1 cup apricot all-fruit spread or apricot preserves
- 1. In medium bowl stir together flour, KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN ORIGINAL cereal, 1/3 cup of the sugar and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 2. In small bowl combine egg, milk and vanilla. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- 3. On lightly floured surface knead for 10 to 12 strokes or until dough just clings together. Remove one-third of the dough. Cover and refrigerate. Press remaining dough onto bottom and up sides of 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Arrange berries in bottom. Gently dollop apricot spread over berries. (Filling will look skimpy.)
- 4. On lightly floured surface roll chilled dough into 10-inch circle. Cut into 1-inch-wide strips. Arrange strips over fruit in lattice pattern. Sprinkle with remaining
- sugar. Bake at 375º F for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Serve warm.