- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 25
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal (crushed to 2/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups fresh blueberries or red raspberries
- 1 cup apricot all-fruit spread or apricot preserves
- 1. In medium bowl stir together flour, KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN ORIGINAL cereal, 1/3 cup of the sugar and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 2. In small bowl combine egg, milk and vanilla. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- 3. On lightly floured surface knead for 10 to 12 strokes or until dough just clings together. Remove one-third of the dough. Cover and refrigerate. Press remaining dough onto bottom and up sides of 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Arrange berries in bottom. Gently dollop apricot spread over berries. (Filling will look skimpy.)
- 4. On lightly floured surface roll chilled dough into 10-inch circle. Cut into 1-inch-wide strips. Arrange strips over fruit in lattice pattern. Sprinkle with remaining
- sugar. Bake at 375º F for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Serve warm.
NotesA rustic Italian tart filled with the bounty of summer berries.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More