- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups dried cannellini beans
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 jar (16 oz.) Tuscan slow-cooking sauce*
- 3 to 4 cups chicken stock
- Salt, to taste
- 6 sweet Italian sausages
- Pick over the beans and discard any misshapen beans and stones.
- Rinse the beans and drain.
- Place in a large bowl, add water to cover by about 3 inches and let soak for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Drain the beans.
- In a 4-quart braiser over medium heat, warm the 2 Tbs. olive oil.
- Add the onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook until soft and translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the beans, the Tuscan slow-cooking sauce and 3 cups of the stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and cook until the beans are tender, 3 to 4 hours, stirring once every hour and adding more stock as needed.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings with salt.
- Preheat an indoor electric grill on medium heat. Arrange the sausages on the grill and cook, turning occasionally, until they are nicely grill-marked and cooked through, about 20 minutes. Transfer the sausages to a cutting board and cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces.
- Transfer the beans to individual bowls and arrange some of the sausages on top of each portion.
- Drizzle with olive oil and serve immediately.
NotesSoaking dried beans helps to soften them, ensuring even, thorough cooking. Here, the beans are simmered with a combination of chicken stock and our Tuscan slow-cooking sauce, which produces beans with deep, rich flavor. Pair with grilled Italian sausages for a homey, satisfying meal.
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Best of Eva's Family Recipes
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More