- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups dried cannellini beans
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 jar (16 oz.) Tuscan slow-cooking sauce*
- 3 to 4 cups chicken stock
- Salt, to taste
- 6 sweet Italian sausages
- Pick over the beans and discard any misshapen beans and stones.
- Rinse the beans and drain.
- Place in a large bowl, add water to cover by about 3 inches and let soak for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Drain the beans.
- In a 4-quart braiser over medium heat, warm the 2 Tbs. olive oil.
- Add the onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook until soft and translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the beans, the Tuscan slow-cooking sauce and 3 cups of the stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and cook until the beans are tender, 3 to 4 hours, stirring once every hour and adding more stock as needed.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings with salt.
- Preheat an indoor electric grill on medium heat. Arrange the sausages on the grill and cook, turning occasionally, until they are nicely grill-marked and cooked through, about 20 minutes. Transfer the sausages to a cutting board and cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces.
- Transfer the beans to individual bowls and arrange some of the sausages on top of each portion.
- Drizzle with olive oil and serve immediately.
NotesSoaking dried beans helps to soften them, ensuring even, thorough cooking. Here, the beans are simmered with a combination of chicken stock and our Tuscan slow-cooking sauce, which produces beans with deep, rich flavor. Pair with grilled Italian sausages for a homey, satisfying meal.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
My Family CookbookSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More