- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 large slices Italian bread or 8 small slices stale French baguette
- 3 large tomatoes
- Kosher salt
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 2 tsp capers, drained
- 1 1/2 cups cucumber, peeled, seeded & thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- Break bread into bite-size pieces.
- Place in serving bowl.
- Remove stems from tomatoes.
- Chop into half-inch cubes.
- Place tomatoes and their juices over bread.
- Season with salt.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Split red pepper in half lengthwise.
- Remove stem, seeds and core.
- Cut pepper into half-inch squares.
- Add to salad bowl.
- Add capers and cucumber.
- Dressing: Whisk together vinegar and garlic. Season with pinch of salt.
- Whisk in olive oil.
- Add dressing to salad.
- Season with pepper to taste.
- Toss well and serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook CafeSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More