- Cooking Time: 10-12
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Fresh California Avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef (95% lean)
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 whole-grain hamburger buns, split
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh fennel bulb (core removed)
- 1. Mash avocado in small bowl (should be chunky, not smooth). Add sun-dried tomatoes and half of garlic; mix well. Set aside.
- 2. Combine beef, remaining garlic, 2 tablespoons minced basil leaves and salt in medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- 3. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place patties in skillet; cook 10 to 12 minutes to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Remove patties from skillet. Place buns, cut side down in skillet, cook 1 minute or until lightly toasted.
- 4. Place burgers on bottom of buns; top each with equal amounts avocado-tomato spread, fennel and remaining basil leaves. Close sandwiches.
- © Cattlemen’s Beef Board and American National CattleWomen, Inc.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Peppermint Crumb Squares
Chicken with Green Olives
Festive Candied YamsSee More