- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis can be as thick as you like; add more chicken, more beans, or make it vegetarian and leave out the chicken. If you do that, warm the herbs and spices with the garlic in a bit of olive oil in the pan before adding the remaining ingredients. Enjoy!
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 – inch pieces
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 can low-sodium chicken broth and more as needed
- 1 can (15 1/2 oz.) white beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (7 oz.) jar roasted red peppers, drained and cut into 1/2 – inch pieces
- 3 1/2 c. torn spinach
- Combine chicken, rosemary, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. black pepper. Toss well. Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken mixture and sauté for 3 minutes. Add garlic; sauté another 1 minute. Add broth, beans, and red pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or less until chicken is done. Stir in spinach and simmer one minute until wilted. Makes 4 servings.