- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups flour, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Italian herb seasoning
- About 3 fluid ounces vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 red pepper, julienne cut
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 pound whole-leaf spinach, stemmed
- 12 fluid ounces heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- To prepare the chicken, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, salt, black pepper and herb seasoning in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in the mixture, shaking off excess.
- Saute the chicken in batches, in a large, nonstick, ovenproof skillet - with enough oil to coat - over medium-high heat for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden-brown and crisp.
- When finished, transfer the skillet to a preheated oven at 350 degrees. Cook for approximately 15 minutes or until cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Cook the pasta al dente (or according to package instructions). Drain and set aside until needed.
- To prepare the sauce, while the pasta is cooking, heat 1/2 to 1 fluid ounce of oil in a saucepan. Add the garlic and the red pepper and cook for about one minute. Slowly add remaining 1 tablespoon flour and stir to combine. Add the white wine and bring to a boil for about 1 minute.
- Add the spinach and the cream and bring to a boil. The sauce is done cooking when the spinach becomes wilted. Complete by stirring in the parmesan cheese.
- Partly coat the pasta with the sauce, transfer to a large bowl (or individual dishes) and top with the chicken, the remaining sauce and the extra parmesan cheese.
NotesI don't know where I got this recipe, but we sure do like it at our house. The smell while it is cooking will make you ravenous!
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More