- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups flour, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Italian herb seasoning
- About 3 fluid ounces vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 red pepper, julienne cut
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 pound whole-leaf spinach, stemmed
- 12 fluid ounces heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- To prepare the chicken, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, salt, black pepper and herb seasoning in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in the mixture, shaking off excess.
- Saute the chicken in batches, in a large, nonstick, ovenproof skillet - with enough oil to coat - over medium-high heat for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden-brown and crisp.
- When finished, transfer the skillet to a preheated oven at 350 degrees. Cook for approximately 15 minutes or until cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Cook the pasta al dente (or according to package instructions). Drain and set aside until needed.
- To prepare the sauce, while the pasta is cooking, heat 1/2 to 1 fluid ounce of oil in a saucepan. Add the garlic and the red pepper and cook for about one minute. Slowly add remaining 1 tablespoon flour and stir to combine. Add the white wine and bring to a boil for about 1 minute.
- Add the spinach and the cream and bring to a boil. The sauce is done cooking when the spinach becomes wilted. Complete by stirring in the parmesan cheese.
- Partly coat the pasta with the sauce, transfer to a large bowl (or individual dishes) and top with the chicken, the remaining sauce and the extra parmesan cheese.
NotesI don't know where I got this recipe, but we sure do like it at our house. The smell while it is cooking will make you ravenous!
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Banana Nut Bread
Eggplant CasseroleSee More