- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (2 pound) flank steak
- Salt and pepper
- 4 ounces arugula
- In small bowl, mash garlic and oil until a paste forms (you may also do this in the food processor.) Pay steaks dry with paper towel, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Rub garlic paste over both sides of steaks. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to high heat. Grill steak 5 to 7 minutes, until well-seared and browned. Flip; grill 3 to 5 minutes longer, until medium rare. To check, cut into meat with a knife and remove when meat is slightly less done than you want it to be. Transfer to cutting board; cover loosely with foil and let rest 10 minutes. Slice very thin, against the grain and at a slight angle.
- Arrange arugula on platter. Top with steak slices. Drizzle with any accumulated platter juices. Serve immediately.
- KITCHEN TIP
- Even though you'll want to dig right in, its very important to let the steak rest for 10 minutes after grilling. That ensures each slice will be tender and juicy.
- NUTRITION INFORMATION
- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 239
- Total Fat: 12.6g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- Sodium: 188mg
- Total Carbs: 2.3g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 27.9g
- VIEW DETAILED NUTRITION
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More