- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Creamy garlic parmesan dressing:
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1c olive oil
- 1/4 c red wine vinegar
- 1/2 grated parmesan chz
- 1/2 t pepper
- 1t salt
- 1/2 c milk
- 1 med zucchini, cut into 1/4" thick slices
- 1 med yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4" thick slices
- 1L red pepper, halved and seeded
- 1L green or yellow pepper, halved and seeded
- 1T olive oil
- 12-16 fresh asparagus, stemmed and cut into 2" pieces
- 1c sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2c chopped tomatoes
- 8c mesclun or mixed field greens
- 2T olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2t minced fresh basil, thyme, or parsley
- 1 L loaf of crusty French or Italian bread
- Preheat oven to 450. Oil 2 baking sheets.
- Combine dressing ingredients in blender or food processor, adding milk last while puree or process.
- Whirl for 30-45 seconds, until dressing is consistency of light mayonnaise.
- Set aside.
- Lightly brush zucchini and squash slices and bell pepper halves with olive oil.
- Place pepper halves on one baking tray and roast 40-45 minutes, until charred with black areas. Spread zucchini and squash on other baking tray and roast for 15 minutes, until start to brown. use spatula to turn slices over.
- Return squash to oven and bake for another 15 minutes, until golden brown on both sides.
- Meanwhile, bring saucepan of water to boil, Blanch asparagus for 2 minutes; then add sugar snap peas and cook 1-2 minutes longer.
- Drain both vegetables and plunge into very cold water to cool.
- Drain again and set aside.
- Place tomatoes and greens in serving bowl.
- In a coup, stir together olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and basil or other herbs and set aside.
- When squash and peppers are roasted, remove trays from oven and reduce temp to 350.
- Place roasted peppers in bowl, cover, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Peel off charred skin of peppers and cut into 2" pieces.
- Meanwhile, slice loaf of bread in half lengthwise and place in oven 5-10 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, squash, asparagus, and snap peas to serving bowl of tomatoes and greens.
- Just before serving, toss salad with reserved oil and vinegar.
- Finally cut bread into 1" cubes and add to salad.
- Serve with generous spoonful of dressing.
NotesMoosewood Restaurant New Classics
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More