- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Creamy garlic parmesan dressing:
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1c olive oil
- 1/4 c red wine vinegar
- 1/2 grated parmesan chz
- 1/2 t pepper
- 1t salt
- 1/2 c milk
- 1 med zucchini, cut into 1/4" thick slices
- 1 med yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4" thick slices
- 1L red pepper, halved and seeded
- 1L green or yellow pepper, halved and seeded
- 1T olive oil
- 12-16 fresh asparagus, stemmed and cut into 2" pieces
- 1c sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2c chopped tomatoes
- 8c mesclun or mixed field greens
- 2T olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2t minced fresh basil, thyme, or parsley
- 1 L loaf of crusty French or Italian bread
- Preheat oven to 450. Oil 2 baking sheets.
- Combine dressing ingredients in blender or food processor, adding milk last while puree or process.
- Whirl for 30-45 seconds, until dressing is consistency of light mayonnaise.
- Set aside.
- Lightly brush zucchini and squash slices and bell pepper halves with olive oil.
- Place pepper halves on one baking tray and roast 40-45 minutes, until charred with black areas. Spread zucchini and squash on other baking tray and roast for 15 minutes, until start to brown. use spatula to turn slices over.
- Return squash to oven and bake for another 15 minutes, until golden brown on both sides.
- Meanwhile, bring saucepan of water to boil, Blanch asparagus for 2 minutes; then add sugar snap peas and cook 1-2 minutes longer.
- Drain both vegetables and plunge into very cold water to cool.
- Drain again and set aside.
- Place tomatoes and greens in serving bowl.
- In a coup, stir together olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and basil or other herbs and set aside.
- When squash and peppers are roasted, remove trays from oven and reduce temp to 350.
- Place roasted peppers in bowl, cover, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Peel off charred skin of peppers and cut into 2" pieces.
- Meanwhile, slice loaf of bread in half lengthwise and place in oven 5-10 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, squash, asparagus, and snap peas to serving bowl of tomatoes and greens.
- Just before serving, toss salad with reserved oil and vinegar.
- Finally cut bread into 1" cubes and add to salad.
- Serve with generous spoonful of dressing.
NotesMoosewood Restaurant New Classics
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
MetroCooking Texas 2013
The NourishFull KitchenSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More