- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 12 ounces uncooked pasta of your choice
- Tuscan Tomato Sauce (recipe follows)
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
- Tuscan Tomato Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon each fresh chopped basil, oregano leaves and crushed rosemary leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente; drain. Serve sauce over pasta. Garnish with Parmesan.
- Heat olive oil heat in medium nonstick saucepan over medium heat until hot.
- Add onion; cook and stir about 4 minutes or until tender.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, fresh herbs, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, about 6 minutes or until desired consistency is reached, stirring occasionally.
- Makes 3 cups.
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More