- Cooking Time: 6-7 hours
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 6)
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell pepper (from a jar), cut into bite sized strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons purchased pesto
- 1 (10") focaccia (Italian flat bread) or your favorite sandwich bread
- 6 tomato slices
- place chicken thighs in 3.5 - 4 quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with garlic, roasted pepper strips and salt.
- 2. Cover, cook on Low setting for 6 - 7 hrs.
- 3. Just before serving, remove chicken from slow cooker, place on large plate. Shred chicken with 2 forks, return to slow cooker and mix well.
- 4. In small bowl, combine mayonnaise and pesto, blend well. Cut focaccia into 6 wedges; split each in half. Spread cuz sides with mayonnaise mixture. With slotted spoon, place about 1/3 cup chicken mixture onto bottom half of each focaccia wedge. Top with tomato slice and top half of focaccia.
NotesIf you have the time, and get up early enough, this is a great lunch. The recipe is from a Slow Cooker booklet by Pillsbury. This would also taste great on ciabatta bread, and maybe add some alfalfa sprouts or other greens.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More