- Cooking Time: 6-7 hours
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryIf you have the time, and get up early enough, this is a great lunch. The recipe is from a Slow Cooker booklet by Pillsbury. This would also taste great on ciabatta bread, and maybe add some alfalfa sprouts or other greens.
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 6)
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell pepper (from a jar), cut into bite sized strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons purchased pesto
- 1 (10") focaccia (Italian flat bread) or your favorite sandwich bread
- 6 tomato slices
- place chicken thighs in 3.5 - 4 quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with garlic, roasted pepper strips and salt.
- 2. Cover, cook on Low setting for 6 - 7 hrs.
- 3. Just before serving, remove chicken from slow cooker, place on large plate. Shred chicken with 2 forks, return to slow cooker and mix well.
- 4. In small bowl, combine mayonnaise and pesto, blend well. Cut focaccia into 6 wedges; split each in half. Spread cuz sides with mayonnaise mixture. With slotted spoon, place about 1/3 cup chicken mixture onto bottom half of each focaccia wedge. Top with tomato slice and top half of focaccia.