- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 10 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 can (6 ounce) water-packed tuna, drained
- 1/3 cup minced red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves, or
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 container (16 ounces) hummus or other bean puree
- 1/4 cup finely chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 20 thin diagonal slices crusty Italian or French bread
- Flake the tuna with a fork into a bowl, and stir in the onion, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, thyme and pepper. In a separate bowl mix the hummus and sun-dried tomatoes together. Heat the broiler. Arrange the bread slices in a single layer on a cookie sheets. Broil 1 to 3 minutes on each side, or until lightly toasted. Top each toast with a layer of the hummus mixture and a small mound of the tuna mixture.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 170; Total fat 7g; Saturated fat 1g; Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 360mg; Carbohydrate 18g; Fiber 4g; Protein 10g; Vitamin A 4%DV*; Vitamin C 10%DV; Calcium 4%DV; Iron 10%DV
- *Daily Value
NotesMade with protein-rich hummus and canned tuna, this simple appetizer is perfect for game night or an Italian feast.
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Righteous Indignation Raspberry-Nut Bars
Michigan Berry Pie
Warm Lentil & Pasta SoupSee More