- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 8 6-ounce russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 5 1/2 ounces soft fresh goat cheese (such as Montrachet), crumbled
- 3/4 cup half and half or milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 375°F. Rub oil over potatoes. Pierce in several spots with fork. Place directly on oven rack; bake until very tender, about 45 minutes. Transfer to rack; cool 10 minutes. Using oven mitts, grasp 1 potato in hand. Using serrated knife, cut off top 1/4 of potato. Using spoon, scoop out potato, leaving 1/2-inch-thick shell; transfer potato flesh to large bowl. Repeat with remaining potatoes. Mash potatoes until smooth. Mix in cheese, then half and half, butter, and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon about 3/4 of potato mixture into shells, dividing evenly. Transfer remaining potato filling to pastry bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe filling atop potatoes. Place potatoes on baking sheet. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate.)
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 375°F. Bake potatoes until filling is heated through and tops brown, about 20 minutes.*
- * I also ran the potatoes quickly under the broiler before serving.
NotesThe Kitchen Sink - Bon Appetite
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Paul’s Chicken Marsala Modified from www.allrecipes.com
Smiling Jack SandwichSee More