Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes With Goat Cheese, Arugula And Turkey Bacon.
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
3 Medium Sweet Potatoes
3 Slices Cooked Turkey Bacon (I love Applegate Organic Turkey Bacon)
3oz Garlic and Herb Goat Cheese
1 cup Arugula
1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
½ tsp Black Pepper
¼ tsp Paprika
¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Wash sweet potatoes well and poke a few holes in each with a fork.
3. Place sweet potatoes on a baking dish/cookie sheet and bake in oven for 45 minutes. (When I am short for time instead of doing this, I will cook the sweet potatoes in the microwave for 8-10 minutes depending on the size.)
4. Let sweet potatoes cool off and cut each in half.
5. Gently (so you do not tear the skin), scoop out the cooked sweet potato into a large bowl.
6. Chop the cooked turkey bacon into small pieces and add into bowl.
7. Add the unsalted butter, goat cheese, black pepper, paprika and cayenne pepper to the bowl and mix well. (It will look like mixed mashed sweet potatoes.)
8. Scoop about 3 spoonfuls of the sweet potato mixture back into each potato skin.
9. Put the sweet potatoes back onto the baking dish/cookie sheet and bake for 7 minutes.
10. Take out the sweet potatoes and sprinkle the arugula on top of each. If desired you can also sprinkle a little more goat cheese.
11. Bake for another 3 minutes.