- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 large whole garlic bulb
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves).
- Brush with oil.
- Wrap bulb in heavy-duty foil.
- Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes; peel garlic and reserve oil. Reduce heat to 400°.
- Place red and sweet potatoes in separate saucepans; cover with water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until very tender.
- Place both potatoes in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the milk, butter, rosemary, roasted garlic and reserved oil.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Cover and bake for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
- Yield: 6-8 servings
NotesThe best of both:
Sweet & Red Potatoes