- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 32
- Preparation Time: 20
BackstoryI have created a vet approved dog food recipe. My pups love it and it is simple to make. Shiny coat and better breath.
BakeSpace Note: Please keep in mind that some experts express concern that homemade pet food may not contain the optimal combination of nutrients (amino acids, fatty acids, vitamins and minerals) that pets require for long-term health. Your pet’s species, breed, age and any existing medical problems should be considered before preparing a homemade meal. Please consult your veterinarian for more information.
- 1 lb ground turkey or lean beef
- 2 cups brown rice (steamed)
- 1 cup carrots (steamed)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans of unsalted green beans
- Fry meat in a skillet until done.
- Steam rice and carrots.
- In a food processor process rice and carrots until fine. Add the green beans to prossesor and chop fine. Add in a mixing bowl all ingredients meat, veggies and rice. Add a little juice from your green beans to soften mix. Scoop out in little containers to freeze. Will thaw in frig in about 24 hours. Serve the same amount that you would in dry food. I will sometimes scramble one egg for 40 seconds in the microwave to add to one feeding. For variety you could use chicken and lowfat cottage cheese 2 tbs per serving. This recipe lasts about a week for two small dogs 11 and 6 lbs. You may adjust amounts depending on the size of your baby.