- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 40 bars
- Preparation Time:
- 35 unwrapped kraft caramels
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 box Lorna Doone shortbread cookies (40)
- 2 bags milk-chocolate chips 12oz ea.
- 1. combine caramels with water in small pan, melt over low heat.
- 2. place the cookies side by side on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 3. spoon a dab of caramel onto each cookie, then place all the cookies in the refrigerator until the caramel firms up.
- 4. in the meantime, melt chocolate chips in double boiler or microwave heating 1 min on high, stir, then 1 more min.
- 5. remove the cookies from frig. resting each cookie on a fork, dip into chocolate. tap the fork on side to knock away excess chocolate. place on wax paper and cool at room temp. this will take several hours but the bars will set the best this way. putting in the refrigerator for 30 min will speed up the process.
NotesThis is very good! almost better than the real thing.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
A Falcon FeastSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More