- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup granola -- with no raisins or other dried fruit
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (6 whole graham crackers)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter -- melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- BAKED LAYER:
- 1 14 -ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice -- key limes or regular
- 3 large egg yolks
- CHILLED LAYER:
- 8 ounces cream cheese -- room temperature
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice -- key lime or regular
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream -- sweetened
- For Crust: Preheat oven to 350°F. Using on/off turns, blend granola in food processor until coarsely ground. Transfer granola to medium bowl. Mix in graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar. Press crumb mixture over
- bottom and up sides of 9-inch-diameter deep dish glass pie dish. Bake until crust is golden brown, about 8 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300°F. Remove crust from oven and cool completely.
- For Baked Layer: Whisk condensed milk, lime juice, and egg yolks in medium bowl to blend. Pour into crust. Bake until custard is set, about 25 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- For Chilled Layer: Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese, condensed milk, lime juice, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. Pour over cooled baked layer; smooth top. Cover and chill until firm, at least 4 hours. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.)
- Pipe sweetened whipped cream decoratively around edges of the pie. Cut into wedges and serve.
- Contributor: April 2004 Bon Appetit from Keylime Bistro