- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 12 oz bag white chocolate chips
- 1 12 oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 large candy canes (3 oz), crushed, divided
- 1 tsp peppermint extract, divided
- Line an 8 inch or 9 inch square cake pan with parchment paper. Crush the candy canes into ¼ inch or smaller chunks. Divide in half.
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips in the microwave on high heat for 1 minute and 30 seconds, stopping to stir after one minute, or over a double boiler over medium heat. Stir in half the candy canes and ½ tsp of the peppermint extract. Pour the chocolate mixture into the prepared pan and place in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to partially set.
- While the semi-sweet layer is chilling, melt the white chocolate chips for 3 minutes at 50% power in the microwave, stopping to stir at every minute, or over a double boiler over medium low heat. The white chocolate is prone to burning, so the lower heat and frequent stirring is very important. When melted, stir in the other half of the crushed candy canes and the other ½ tsp of peppermint extract. Pour this mixture over the semisweet layer and gently spread to cover. Put the pan back in the refrigerator and let chill for at least one hour.
- Break into chunks and serve.
NotesThis is an easy yet impressive looking holiday treat. It stores well in the refrigerator for weeks and ships well for gifts. I'd seen recipes for both dark chocolate and white chocolate peppermint bark and thought to myself, why not combine them?
The Italian Exchange
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Mom's Spanish Rice
Simply Delicious Mac-n-Cheese Casserole
Holiday BellsSee More