- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 9
- Preparation Time:
- 24 oz. lean ground turkey (93/7)
- 1 c. seasoned bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 Tbs. minced garlic
- 3 Tbs. grated parmesan or romano cheese
- 1-1/2 Tbs. parsley flakes
- 1 egg
- Put ground turkey to one side of a large bowl. On the other side of bowl, add other ingredients. Making a well in the bread crumbs, add hot tap water to soak the bread crumbs until they are of a soft consistency (not liquid, but very soft). Combine all ingredients without overworking the turkey. Form into 18 meatballs. Spray a baking or broiler pan heavily with Pam. Bake the meatballs at 350 for about 10-15 minutes until the bottoms are brown. Using a metal spatula, carefully turn over the meatballs (they will be somewhat soft) and bake another 15 minutes until fully set, watching not to burn or scorch. Add meatballs to your favorite spaghetti sauce, home made or store bought, and serve over pasta, or cook them in brown gravy and serve over noodles.
- To Freeze: Bake as above and freeze on cookie sheet. Transfer to Ziploc freezer bag for storage and take out as many as needed.
- Weight Watcher Points: 2 per meatball plus points for sauce of choice
NotesSunday just isn't Sunday in an Italian household without spaghetti and meatballs! I came up with these so that we could still enjoy our Sunday dinner while keeping our red meat consumption down.
Weight Watcher Points: 2 per meatball plus points for sauce of choice
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More