- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour - sift before measuring
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- · 2 large eggs
- · 1 cup granulated sugar
- · 1/3 cup melted butter
- · 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- · 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- · 1 1/2 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted (1 1/2 ounces)
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs with electric mixer, gradually adding sugar. Stir in melted butter, then flour mixture, blending well. Into small bowl, pour about 1/4 of the batter; blend in coconut and almond extract. Into remaining portion of batter, blend melted chocolate.
- Spread chocolate batter into a greased and floured 8-inch square pan; spoon coconut batter evenly over the chocolate later then spread carefully to form an even layer. Bake 30 to 35 minutes at 350°. Cool in pan on a rack, then cut into squares or bars.
- Makes about 16 to 20 brownies.
NotesI saw these brownies on TV being made and I had to try them. They were a hit with my family and I have been making them for holidays since. Enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
A Falcon Feast
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More