- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour - sift before measuring
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- · 2 large eggs
- · 1 cup granulated sugar
- · 1/3 cup melted butter
- · 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- · 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- · 1 1/2 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted (1 1/2 ounces)
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs with electric mixer, gradually adding sugar. Stir in melted butter, then flour mixture, blending well. Into small bowl, pour about 1/4 of the batter; blend in coconut and almond extract. Into remaining portion of batter, blend melted chocolate.
- Spread chocolate batter into a greased and floured 8-inch square pan; spoon coconut batter evenly over the chocolate later then spread carefully to form an even layer. Bake 30 to 35 minutes at 350°. Cool in pan on a rack, then cut into squares or bars.
- Makes about 16 to 20 brownies.
NotesI saw these brownies on TV being made and I had to try them. They were a hit with my family and I have been making them for holidays since. Enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
The Naked Macaron
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More