TWO WAY CHICKEN BURGERS
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Ripe avocado, sliced
- (and or)
- 4 Tablespoons Thousand Island Dressing
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Large Vidalia onions, sliced into rings
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 Hamburger buns
- 4 Slices provolone cheese
- Garlic salt
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil grate.
- Heat butter in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Saute the onions until browned and caramelized; set aside.
- Season the chicken with garlic salt and pepper. Place on grill, and cook until no longer pink and juices run clear, about 5 minutes on each side. Place buns on grill just long enough to toast them.
- One Way: Spread buns with mayonnaise to taste, then layer with chicken, caramelized onion, provolone and avocado.
- Two Way: Spread buns with Thousand Island, then layer with chicken, caramelized onion and provolone.
NotesI am a freak for avocado so I looove these with it. My husband just leaves off the avocado and spreads some Thousand Island on his bun! Great both ways! That's why we call them "Two Way"
I made these Chicken Burgers one night and my husband wasn't in the mood for avocado - So he spread some TI on his bun and when I tasted I knew it was a winner! I make these a lot. He gets what he wants and I get what I want!