- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pounds potatoes, washed and halved
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated horseradish (or prepared)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash and boil potatoes in salty water with bay leaf until fork tender. Drain potatoes and mash along with horseradish, sour cream, and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put mixture into a 10-inch skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil and bake until golden and crispy. To serve, invert onto a plate and cut into pieces.
NotesI was watching Tyler's Ultimate yesterday on the Food Network, and I saw him make this recipe. I thought it was a great way to change things up from boring old mashed potatoes. This will be on my holiday menu this year!
Simple Homemade Favorites
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free MamaSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More