- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 32 oz. container plain yogurt (best to NOT use fat free, Greek yogurt would be great)
- 1 large English cucumber or 2 regular cucumbers
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tsp. distilled white vinegar
- 1 or 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 or 2 squirts fresh lemon juice (optional)
- Using a cheesecloth over a bowl, drain the yogurt in the fridge for several hours or over night.
- Peel cucumber and squeeze to get as much moisture as you can out. Shred the cucumber, and pat with paper towels lightly to get out more moisture.
- Stir strained yogurt, cucumbers, garlic, vinegar and lemon juice (if using) together. Salt to taste. Drizzle with olive oil.
NotesI grew up eating tzatziki. It's great on gyros, burgers, fresh crusty bread...pretty much anything :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More