- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI grew up eating tzatziki. It's great on gyros, burgers, fresh crusty bread...pretty much anything :)
- 1 32 oz. container plain yogurt (best to NOT use fat free, Greek yogurt would be great)
- 1 large English cucumber or 2 regular cucumbers
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tsp. distilled white vinegar
- 1 or 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 or 2 squirts fresh lemon juice (optional)
- Using a cheesecloth over a bowl, drain the yogurt in the fridge for several hours or over night.
- Peel cucumber and squeeze to get as much moisture as you can out. Shred the cucumber, and pat with paper towels lightly to get out more moisture.
- Stir strained yogurt, cucumbers, garlic, vinegar and lemon juice (if using) together. Salt to taste. Drizzle with olive oil.