- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups plain yogurt
- 4 cloves garlic -- minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 each cucumber- peeled, seeded and grated -- large holes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon mint -- whole
- 1 tablespoon dill -- chopped
- 1 ounce Ouzo
- Line a colander with a piece of cheesecloth and suspend over a bowl. Pour yogurt over cheesecloth and let drain for one hour (longer draining will make the yogurt more like Greek yogurt). Peel and grate the cucumbers. Sprinkle some salt on the cucumbers to draw out the moisture and allow to sit for about 30 minutes. Put cucumber in cheesecloth and squeeze out the moisture. Put cucumbers, garlic, lemon juice, dill, Ouzo, and black pepper in a food processor and mix until well blended, then stir this mixture into the yogurt. Sprinkle mint over the top. Place in refrigerator for at least two hours before serving so flavors can blend.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!
Garlic JellySee More